<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 23, 2004

A great website that I use all the time is BrainPOP. This is a very common website for educators.I have used this website in many projects, and have also used it in my own educational learning. I was also able to use it in my grade two internship class. The kids had a great time exploring the site. They worked in pairs and were allowed to search for about 20 minutes, then they looked at the movies that invoved Dinosarus and Fossils (my theme for the month). They had a great time.

More specific to the site: I would like to bring your attention to the movie on Sound.

BrainPOP movie on Sound

This movie is going to be used in my webquest (on music). It puts such a hard concept into such simple terms that are easy to understand. I believe that the students will have a blast watching this video. My webquest is for grades 3 to 5, and physics seems to be beyond them. But, I believe that with the use of this movie they will be able to understand how sound is made, and how instruments are created so that they make sounds.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?