<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

I have been preparing to do a EPSY presentation on communication disorders and have had to find a number of resources on Sign Language. This is a topic that I take to heart because a few of the students at my internship school had to use Sign Language. I found it very hard to communicate with these students. This was very frustrating. I tried to find different information on the internet to help me with this frustration. I wanted to be able to communicate a bit with these students. But, I had very little luck finding anything useful on the internet to help me.

As I was searching for this presentation I came across a great website on Sign Language. The website is Silent Thunder Animations Page. It makes great use of the technology that exists in today's society. It uses multimedia movies to demonstrate specific words in Sign Language.

Take, for example, a word lik Mom. You simply click on this word and above it will appear a movie of an adult or child performing the sign for this word. What a great use for technology! Students would be able to navigate through this website very easily. There was only one problem I found with theis website - it is not the most pleasent to look at. But, it serves its purpose full force. Students could learn basic words in sign language simply by clicking a word. Great also for teachers of students with communication disorders.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?