<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 15, 2004

I was again on the search for some amazing online resources. I was able to find an incredible website called Exploratorium. This would be a geat website for many grade levels (ranging from grade 3 to high school). This is an online museum. I enjoyed this sight, and know that my students would enjoy this sight for many reasons. It allows them to explore a variety of topics ranging from space to music. It is very diverse. Students are able to explore a variety of exhibits. There is information on the specific topic they are looking at. The use of hypermedia and video is used throughout this website. Digital video really adds to this website. It is not simply used as an "add on", but as an educational tool.
Let me give you an example of the incedible information, and learning technology, that is available. My webquest was on Music (as you have seen in past posts) and I wish I would have found this website before I had finished my webquest. (I am actually going to go back and add this link). The music part of this online museum takes students through a variety of items. These include written information, hypermedia, and video. One part that I found extremely exciting was the video of the man making instruments from every day projects. How benifitial this would be for students learning about music, and instruments.
I was so happy to have found this website! I will be using this in my classroom.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?