<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

I was searching again today for some websites that I can use at the early childhood level. I came across a very interesting one, Starfall. This website is a reading website for early childhood students (students who are just learning to read). It uses very interesting and colorful technology. It is very interactive. It is very hard to find easily naviagted websites for students from Pre-K to Grade One, but this website is very easy to navigate. The website contains a number of "guided reading" books, and takes the students through these books word by word. I really enjoyed the fact that thier was a very friendly voice saying each word as the child clicked on them. The text is very large and simplistic, so it is great for the beggining reader. I would use this website as part of a reading center in my early childhood classroom. Students could go here to read the stories on their own, or they could use the technology to their advantage by having the program help them with their reading techniques. This is definatly a website that makes use of technology, and all that it has to offer. I believe that the students would get a great deal out of this website, and would have fun exploring and learning.
This is a website that I will be making use of in the next year.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?