<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 22, 2004

I was searching the net today for a variety of Language Arts related websites. I believe that Language Arts would be one of the easiest subjects to integrate with technology because there is a wealth of online and technological activities that exist. As I was searching came across a very interesting website. This website contained a project like I have never seen before. Surfing for ABC's is a project that some Kindergarten and Grade One students. The project involved them searching the internet for a variety of websites. The cetch was that they had to find a website for each letter of the alphabet. The website is a hotlist of a variety of websites that they enjoyed, and found exciting. It follows the ABC format very closly.

The reason that I found this sight so great was that it was compiled by Kindgarteners and Grade Ones. I have been struggling a great deal with ideas for integrating technology into the early childhood classroom, and this website renews my faith that there are activities that you can do with these younger children, that involve technology. The site is only a hotlist (as such), but it was an eye-opener for me. I thought that this was a great activity to do with students. I will definatly be doing this type of activity with my early childhood classroom, in the fall. By giving them such a great task they were able to search the internet, and by making a hotlist they were learning about technology.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?