<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Over the past few weeks I have been very interested in finding quality math websites, for a math class I am taking. I have found this task to be fairly hard. Many of the websites are basically online worksheets. I did manage to find one website that especially enjoyed. Figure This! is a very interesting and comprehensive website. I feel that this website could be used in many grades, starting in grade 1 and moving all the way up to grade 8. This website allows students to explore a number of mathematically related topics, but it also puts these concepts into applied everyday real-life situations. Students are really encouraged to use their mathematical knowledge. Figure This! allows students to experiment and explore math. It makes it turly a fun experience. Another aspect of this website that I enjoyed was that it has a family emphasis. The set up, of the site, encourages families to problem solve togther. I feel that this is so important. It is very difficult to get families to work together on a project, and this website lends itself to this.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?